Global DNA Sequencing Market Trajectory and Analysis,
Dublin, Jan. 19, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The report “DNA Sequencing – Global Market Trajectory and Analysis” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global DNA Sequencing Market to Reach US$10.1 Billion by 2026
The global DNA sequencing market, estimated at US$5.1 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of US$10.1 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.8% over the analysis period. Consumables, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.4% to reach US$4.9 billion by the end of the analysis period.
The growth of the global market is expected to be driven by promising opportunities in the areas of biomarkers, cancer, diagnostics, personalized medicine, forensics, and reproductive health, among others. Increase in genome mapping programs globally, increase in partnerships and collaborations, and increasing technological developments in DNA sequencing are the other factors driving the growth of the market.
Evolution of technology, rising incidence of cancers, emergence of new market players, growing demands of breeders for plant and animal breeding, increase in genome mapping programs, rise in conferences and seminars in the sequencing market. DNA, development of applications for liquid biopsy, the continued decline in sequencing costs and the development of personalized therapies should also fuel growth. Driven by promising prospects, DNA sequencing is widely used to conduct biological research, medical diagnostics, as well as to perform biotechnology experiments.
After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Instruments segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 9.6% for the next 7-year period. This segment currently represents a 28.9% share of the global DNA sequencing market. Consumables such as kits, reagents and tools simplify and streamline workflows. Due to their use and requirements during library construction, sample preparation, and pre-DNA sequencing steps, the consumable segment holds a dominant position in the market.
The US market is estimated at $2.4 billion in 2021, while China is expected to reach $1.3 billion by 2026
The DNA sequencing market in the United States is estimated to be worth US$2.4 billion in 2021. The country currently accounts for a 41.4% share of the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$1.3 billion in 2026 growing at a CAGR of 17.2% over the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets include Japan and Canada, each forecasting growth of 8.5% and 9.9% respectively over the analysis period. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8.8%, while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$1.5 billion by the end of the year. analysis period. The North America region is leading the market due to technological advancements and increasing prevalence of genetic diseases among patients.
Rising funding by government organizations for DNA sequencing research and development is also fueling the market growth in the region. The Asia-Pacific region has emerged as a nascent market for DNA sequencing, leading with massive contributions from some countries in Asia, including India, China, South Korea and Japan. The growing geriatric population and increasing incidence of tumors in this region has had a positive effect on the growth of the DNA sequencing market in this region.
Services segment to reach $3.1 billion by 2026
Factors driving the demand for DNA Sequencing Services market are increasing in life science research funding and government grants, technological developments in the method of diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases , innovation in molecular techniques and personalized product offerings. In the global services segment, the United States, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the estimated CAGR of 14.2% for this segment.
These regional markets representing a combined market size of US$1.2 billion in 2020 will reach a projected size of US$3.1 billion by the end of the analysis period. China will remain among the fastest growing markets in this group of regional markets. Led by countries like Australia, India, and South Korea, the Asia-Pacific market is expected to reach US$140.8 million by 2026.
Main topics covered:
- An introduction
- A Brief History of the Evolution of DNA Sequencing Technology
- Different Types of Sequencing Approaches
- Shotgun sequencing
- High throughput approach
- Long-read sequencing approaches
- Single Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT)
- Nanoporous DNA sequencing
- Short-read sequencing approaches
- Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing (MPSS)
- Polony sequencing
- 454 Pyrosequencing
- Illumina Sequencing (Solexa)
- Combinatorial Probe Anchor Synthesis (cPAS)
- SOLID sequencing
- Ion Torrent Semiconductor Sequencing
- Nanoball DNA Sequencing
- Sequencing of a single molecule by heliscope
- Microfluidic systems
- A prelude to DNA sequencing
- Main applications
- DNA Sequencing Application
- Impact of Covid-19 and a looming global recession
- 2020 marked as a year of disruption and transformation
- As the race between the virus and vaccines heats up, where is the global economy going in 2021
- Impact of COVID-19 on DNA Sequencing Market
- Global Market Outlook and Prospects
- The DNA sequencing market is poised for rapid growth
- Regional Market Outlook
- North America dominates the global market
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS(Total 76 featured)
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- ThermoFisher Scientific, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd.
- Macrogene, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- A myriad of genetics
- Intrexon Bioinformatics Germany GmbH
- Eurofins Scientific
3. MARKET TRENDS AND DRIVERS
- Next Generation Sequencing Drives Market Growth
- Increase R&D activities in NGS
- Illumina, the dominant force in the global NGS market
- The DNA sequencing market in Europe amid the pandemic
- Rising adoption of sequencing services in clinical workflows propels market growth
- Rising use in drug discovery is driving market growth
- Increased focus on personalized medicine is driving market growth
- Rising Incidence of Cancer to Drive Market Growth
- DNA sequencing and cancer care
- Technological Advancements in Expanding the NGFS Aids Market
- The world’s first mobile genome sequence analyzer
4. GLOBAL MARKET OUTLOOK
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total number of companies profiled: 76
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/xz6bcp